Proposed Safe Food for Canadians Regulations
Would you need a licence?

0% of survey complete

You may require a licence for some of your business activities, while not for others. Find out if your business would require a licence by answering a few simple questions. It only takes about five minutes.

General exemptions from the proposed Safe Food for Canadians Regulations are:

  • food for personal use, when
  • food carried on any conveyance that is intended for the crew or passengers
  • food for analysis, evaluation, research, or a trade show provided that the food is part of a shipment that weighs 100 kg or less or, in the case of eggs, is part of a shipment of five or fewer cases
  • food that is not intended or sold for human consumption
  • food imported from the United States onto the Akwesasne Reserve by a permanent resident of the Reserve for their use
  • food imported in bond (in transit) for use by crew and passengers of a cruise ship or military ship in Canada
  • food traded between federal penitentiaries
  • transporting a food commodity, if that is the sole activity of a person.